The Woven Event: Tell, Write, Share Monday, February 19, 2024
We gather for a special event on February 19, 2024 at 6:00pm until 9:00pm at Inspiration Point located at 483 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14222.
The Woven Event is a collaboration by the facilitators of 3 local poetry workshops to provide a single experience building on each of their strengths
- Tell - for the first 45 minutes Samuel Floyd will facilitate Recovery Stories
- Write - after a break, Hy Carrel will guide us through a WRITE ON!-style writing exercise
- Share - after another break, Joel Lesses will facilitate spontaneous discussion through the lens of poetry in the ‘no mic, no list, no podium’ format.
About the programs
- Recovery Stories provides a safe and accepting place for sharing poetry and stories of recovery.
- Community Canvases’ Kind Fools’ WRITE ON! are intuitive writing workshops where we write what is true for us in this moment.
- Education Training Center’s Ground and Sky Poetry series uses the ‘no mic, no list, no podium’ to share whatever feels right.
If you wish to let us know that you’ll be joining us and want to receive updates before this event, please RSVP on Eventbrite
Do you have any questions? Please reach out to